Thursday, March 31, 2016

Early Spring

So I don't know how it's been in the rest of the country, but in Chicago Winter has tried to fight that rascally groundhog's prediction of an early spring. Highs in the 60s some days and lows in the 20s others. I've packed away all the gloves and winter hats, and it's really just pride keeping me from getting them down on the cold days.
Hopefully the Spring weather we've caught glimpses of will stick around for good soon, and I can let this jacket rest in peace for a few months. Tomorrow is April after all, baseball finally starts back up, the NHL & NBA playoffs start, patios & rooftops open - it really is one of the best times of the year. So today I don the bow-tie in honor of Spring and everything great it brings.
I think every guy should at least learn how to tie a bow-tie, even if they choose not to wear them often. It used to be the go to for grooms on their wedding days, but the matching tie and vest combo has become very popular recently (at least from the past few I've attended). There are some great how-to's on YouTube to learn from or refresh yourself. Plus, those pre-tied ones just don't look right.
If bow-ties are good enough for Bill Nye and The Doctor (Matt Smith), they're good enough for me.

Coat & Shirt: Banana Republic | Bow Tie: The Tie Bar | Pants: Express | Shoes: Aston Grey

4 comments:

  1. Bowtie’s are a great compliment for an ensemble, both formal and Casual. I myself have donned the bowtie on many occasions with Jeans and a Blazer with some rather extravagant color choices, and like you said fake Bow ties just don’t do. Have you considered adding the Columbian Necktie to your wardrobe, in the mid 90’s this was a popular style donned by many people of both sexes, usually when you rocked this style you were Smiling from ear to ear while you lay restless from a struggle of a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always wear a bow tie, but when I do I wear it like a boss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always check the time, but when I do I look at my wrist even if I'm not wearing a watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah good sir, its been a while...Id like to point out a major flaw in your argument for the bow tie. Bill Nye is a hack. His biggest qualification of being a science guy is that Nye rhymes with "Science guy." I'd like to see something on kilts...who is your kilt hero?

    ReplyDelete