Monday, March 7, 2016

Overcoat & Flannel

A bit of an abbreviated post today everyone because I'm the in middle of packing up to move to Chicago! I'm excited for the move, in case you were wondering.
I'm glad that spring is finally starting to warm up the Midwest. Fingers crossed that I've seen the last snow of the season as well. But for the colder days still left in spring, it doesn't hurt to keep a coat handy. This charcoal coat from Banana Republic has been a staple in my closet for a few years now. It is mildly water repellent and a great warmth for late fall-early winter and late winter-early spring. 
As far as sunglasses go, I spent a long time just trying to find ones that fit my face well. I generally don't care about brand either as I've had a history of being pretty abusive to my sunglasses. Case in point, once I found these wayfarers from Target, I had to have them. Clocking in under $20 and fitting my face perfectly, I've actually somehow managed to keep them for a while now.
And once again, going with one of my many Eddie Bauer flannel shirts. I was able to buy it in a tall size at the store, and then had a bit of tailoring done to make it fit well (even though it is technically a relaxed fit shirt). They're tough as nails and very warm.   
Coat Banana Republic | Shirt: Eddie Bauer | Jeans: Joe's | Shoes: Aldo
| Sunglasses & Beanie: Target 



5 comments:

  1. I'm often asked if my beard and flannel shirts make me hot in the summer. I reply that both make me hot all year round.... Stay thirsty my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't often wear flannels, but when I do they are made of your mothers best pajamas.

    ReplyDelete