Monday, February 29, 2016

Down with Down

This has been a weird winter. There, I said it. It seems like it has snowed every week and then gotten into the 50s every week for the past month. This year is a stark contrast to my first winter here in '13-14. For anyone who didn't experience that, I'll give you a hint, I was unprepared for it from my time back south...
Once the snow touches down, my sneakers of choice are these black leather Aldo's. They have the Chuck Taylor look that I enjoy in the summer, but are warmer and significantly more waterproof than canvas.
This year I decided to get my first down jacket, predicting a more typical winter. I went with the Eddie Bauer MicroTherm StormDown jacket. It's got 800 fill down, mild windproof and waterproof properties, super compressible, and it's under 12oz. It will be great for shoulder season hiking & camping once I get a chance to get back into the outdoors. 
Only things that would make it better would be a tighter fit at the wrist and an adjustable elastic hem. But it's a tall and slim fit so I think it was well worth the money.
Jacket & Flannel: Eddie Bauer | Jeans: Joe's | Shoes: Aldo | Beanie: Urban Outfitters | 
Sunglasses: Target | Gloves: Nordstrom Rack


No comments:

Post a Comment