Monday, February 15, 2016

Chambray & Fleece



I personally like wearing button downs when I have the chance because they're so versatile. They look good for a casual day around the house - a denim or chambray shirt is good for doing work around the house even - but you wouldn't look out of place meeting friends for drinks in one either. When the weather gets cool, I turn to my favorite pair of khakis and go from there. A sturdy pair of leather boots helps to keep you ankles warmer (and drier should the weather turn on you).


I buy clothes for value and fit over brand name and bargain if I can. I'm 6'3" so I have to shop for tall sizes unless I want shirts to fit two of me. Snagged this chambray shirt from American Eagle online (and on sale if I remember correctly), but most of the shirt shopping I do now is online as few stores carry them. Helpful tip though: the Eddie Bauer outlet carries tall sizes in stores, I would assume the normal store does as well but I can not confirm that.


For cool dry days I like to throw on a fleece. This one I have on by Columbia is one of the first jackets I bought when I moved to the Midwest. It zips into an outer shell for when the rain and snow start falling which is a huge plus for me. A nice tip, it works just a great as my mid-layer while snowboarding as it does around town.


I always try to get the details right, even if nobody else can see them. My pants and boots always cover my socks, but I have an arsenal of dress socks to wear because the socks help make the man. I even matched my handkerchief with them today. And even though my watch matches my boots, the battery died a while ago in it and I have yet to go change it... there's just something nice about wearing one even though I check my phone for the time.


Fleece: Columbia | Shirt: American Eagle | Pants: H&M | Boots: Aston Gray | Socks: Happy Socks | Watch: Unlisted

4 comments:

  1. I like that you acknowledge the functional as well as accessory aspect of watches. Even a broken clock is right at least two times a day. Unless it's digital, but I digress keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always wear a watch, but when I do it better be able to tell time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who am I kidding, I never wear a watch because time is always on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't need to wear a watch. I decide what time it is

    ReplyDelete