Monday, February 22, 2016

Buchanan Plaid & Camel Coat

I have always enjoyed wearing flannels, but when you're from Texas, you really don't have/get to wear them very long during the year. I started stocking up on flannels soon after moving out to the Midwest. This winter has been much more mild than usual, but normally November-March is easily cold enough to always wear flannel.

This particular flannel from Land's End is the Buchanan clan plaid. I'm a Buchanan on my mother's side so there's more than just monetary and style value to me. It was also a gift, so points for not having to pay for it. It's very warm and feels very durable.

A nice overcoat is always a good purchase. This camel coat from Banana Republic has become a winter staple of mine. It looks great whether it's dressed up with slacks or dressed down like it is here with a pair of jeans, which just happen to be my favorite pair of Joe's Jeans.

You can't forget the accessories when it gets cold too; fingerless gloves to use my smartphone, a scarf and beanie for a little extra warmth, and sunglasses for the sun bouncing off the snow.

Coat:  Banana Republic | Shirt: Land's End | Jeans: Joe's | Scarf: Topman |
Sunglasses & Beanie: Target


1 comment:

  1. Looking good my friend. Not as good as me of course. I look so good my shadow has been on the best dressed list...twice

    ReplyDelete